South Los Angeles AutoZone Looted After Street Takeover, Police Say

Another Los Angeles AutoZone was looted after a street takeover, only days after police shared dozens of suspect photos online.

Story Snapshot

  • Police say a South Los Angeles AutoZone was ransacked after a street takeover early Monday.
  • The hit comes days after deputies posted photos of 27 suspects tied to an earlier East Los Angeles looting.
  • Local reports show multiple AutoZone stores have been targeted near takeovers across the county.
  • Authorities report no arrests yet as investigations continue across several linked incidents.

Police: Street Takeover Opened the Door to a Quick Hit

Los Angeles Police Department officers responded around dawn Monday to a burglary at an AutoZone in South Los Angeles. Officials said a street takeover preceded the break-in and left the business exposed to a fast strike by a group that rushed the store and fled before officers arrived. Local coverage places recent incidents at corridors that have seen repeated takeovers, a pattern police and store managers now know well. Investigators are gathering security video and witness tips.

Authorities described the method as simple and fast. Drivers crowd an intersection. Spectators and others block lanes. Amid the chaos, a group breaks windows or pries doors, then grabs high-value car parts and batteries. The group scatters within minutes. News outlets and police reports have tied similar hits to takeovers in both East and South Los Angeles in recent weeks. Officials have not released a loss total for Monday’s burglary.

Days After Sheriff Posted 27 Suspect Photos, Another Store Hit

The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department last week posted images of 27 people wanted in the ransacking of an East Los Angeles AutoZone during two street takeovers on back-to-back nights. Detectives asked the public to identify suspects and share tips to speed arrests. The new South Los Angeles break-in happened days later, underscoring how hard it is to stop fast, crowd-based theft once a takeover forms and blocks police access.

Reporters have documented repeat victimization at some locations. Authorities said one East Los Angeles AutoZone was hit twice within about 24 hours during earlier takeovers. That kind of repetition strains small staffs, raises insurance costs, and can push stores to board up or shorten hours. Residents who rely on nearby auto parts stores for work and commuting repairs face longer drives and higher costs when shops close or limit service after damage.

Why This Pattern Persists and What It Costs Communities

Researchers who mapped Los Angeles takeover hotspots found clusters at certain intersections and corridors, which creates targets that thieves already know. When crowds and cars pack those spots, police response becomes slower and riskier. That gives looters a short window to hit nearby shops before officers can clear the street and secure storefronts. The cycle repeats when organizers advertise meetups and hundreds arrive faster than patrols can disperse them.

Neighborhoods on both sides of the political divide see the same result: stores shuttered, workers sent home, and families paying more for basics. People blame different policies, but the shared concern is simple. If police, prosecutors, and city leaders cannot keep streets and shops safe, public faith erodes. Monday’s South Los Angeles incident, tied again to a takeover, keeps that concern front and center while investigators track suspects and review video from recent hits.

Sources:

smobserved.com, nypost.com, nbclosangeles.com, youtube.com

© dailyanswer.org 2026. All rights reserved.